Miami Certified Public Accountant Providing Accounting, Tax, Audit and Consulting Services

Change Business Structure

Change Business Structure

If you already have an Employer Identification Number (EIN), you may need to get a new one if either the organization, ownership or if you have a change business structure. If you incorporate a sole proprietorship or form a partnership, you must get a new EIN. However, do not apply for a new EIN if:

Changes in Organization or Ownership

  • You change only the name of your business
  • A partnership or corporation declares bankruptcy
  • A corporation chooses to be taxed as an S corporation
  • You elected on Form 8832 Entity Classification Election, to change the way the entity is taxed, or
  • You change the location or add locations
  • You elect to be taxed as an S corporation.
  • Change business structure

The above list is not all-inclusive. To find out when you should not apply for a new EIN, contact Tax Prepration Pro

Note: If you are electing to be an S corporation, be sure to file Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation.


/* ]]> */